søndag 15. juli 2007

Auckland City


It was not love at first sight. The city might not be the most beautiful in the world, but as soon as you are outside the city limits, heaven waits. I arrived at Auckland Airport five in the morning July 7th 2007. After waiting for over an hour for the biosecurity team to clean my tent from dangerous Norwegian biology, I met Alex, Ellen and Kelly.



Kelly and I stayed at the same Hostel for a week and I had a great time sharing a flat with her the second semester. Something that contributed to Canadian English in my vocabulary and she now suffers from a bit of a Norwegian accent.


Auckland's most striking feature is probably its huge Asian population. The Asian culture is visible everywhere you go and sometimes it feels like living in an Asian country.

Ingen kommentarer: